How Fracking Impacts Public Health
Join us for a public forum about how the oil and gas extraction process known as fracking impacts public health - and what we can do about it.
When: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Where: San Francisco Public Library, 100 Larkin St., San Francisco, CA (The Latino/Hispanic Meeting Room)
Event will be livestreamed starting at 5:45 PDT at http://earthstreammedia.com/.
Speakers will include:
- Sandra Steingraber, Ph.D, Renowned Author and Biologist, Co-founder of Concerned Health Professionals of NY
- Dr. Robert Gould, MD, President, Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Seth Shonkoff, Ph.D., MPH, Executive Director, Physicians Scientists & Engineers for Healthy Energy
- Lisa Hartmayer, RN, MSN, NP and member of Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments
- Caroline Cox, Research Director, Center for Environmental Health
- Erin Carrera, RN and California Nurses Association leader at UCSF
This is a community event and is free and open to the public. RSVP below and share widely with your friends, family, and neighbors who want to learn about how fracking impacts our health.
Sponsored by Breast Cancer Action, Center for Environmental Health, Physicians for Social Responsibility, Americans Against Fracking, Californians Against Fracking, Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments, California Nurses Association, Center for Biological Diversity, and San Francisco Public Library.